Wednesday, July 14, 2010

ROKetship comics

It is common for Korean people, particularly women, to use an umbrella in the sunshine. This protects them from getting too tan. It is common belief over here that if you get too much sun, you will look like a farmer from the country and therefore look "poor". Here's a funny comic about it. ROKetship comics are done by a foreigner living in Korea. This fellow does a great job depicting common situations that foreigners run into here.



http://roketship.tumblr.com/

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing this on Jessica Simpson's show "the price of beauty" (yes...I watched the show, okay? LOL!) the show featured a Korean woman who bleached who skin and it was severely damaged because she wanted to be paler. It's so interesting to me how beauty is defined in different regions of our world. And to think, I've paid hundreds of dollars and spent countless hours in the sun to achieve the "perfect tan". Crazy! Love you guys and miss you bunches!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete