Okay so I know I've been terrible at posting these days....on the other hand I'm pretty sure there's only 3 people who read this blog...haha...anyway, we are down to our last 40 days before we head back to the States. We are in process of selling some of the things we have acquired while living over here, such as out futon which just went out the door this morning. The weather's getting warmer, we have a long weekend ahead and it's really starting to feel like change is in the air.
It's going to be a long process moving back to the US and getting situated there, but we are REALLY excited about the changes that are coming. We are looking forward to finding jobs and a good church to be involved in, as well as being much closer to family when we get back. As of yet we don't know what city we'll be living in but we have some options on the table and are waiting to see what works out job-wise. We are just biding our time, trying to enjoy the last few weeks we have here in Korea and trusting that God will put us where He wants us in his own timing.
We are scheduled to arrive back in the US on June 15th. We'll be arriving in Portland where we will spend a few days getting a car and whatnot, and then we embark on a 6 week road trip, which will take us up into Canada, through Minnesota, Arkansas, Texas, New Mexico and California.....it's going to be epic! We'll be back in Portland in August for a week or two, so if we don't see you in June, there's always August :) We can hardly wait to be back enjoying the homeland and seeing our family and friends.
We were watching a movie the other day that had a sweeping view of land and mountains as the sun was setting. My jaw just dropped and I turned to Jordan and said "I can't wait to be able to see that kind of space again!" We both laughed because there aren't many places you can go here in Korea where you wont see tall concrete buildings and TONS of people and virtually nothing that can compare to the sweeping plains and rocky mountains of North America. For all the great things we've experienced here, seeing nature and simply spaciousness is something we've really missed. :)
Here's to the future....we'll keep you updated as we figure out what's in store for us next....and I promise (you three readers)...I'll try to update more often these days :)
if you come through kansas city you guys have a place to stay for sure! hope the transition back goes well.
ReplyDeletethanks Luke! that would be awesome to see you and to meet your bride :) I'll for sure let you know if we pass through kansas!
ReplyDelete