Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I met lots of new kids last week, teaching at another school and they said some hilarious stuff. Here's a few quotes.

"Excuse me teacher, but are you planning to use the book today, because we don't have much time left."
  hahaha, my student just came out with this towards the end of class....I said "thanks for minding the time, but we are doing other things today."

As I was eating lunch one day a student walked up to me and said "Teacher, I have an ant farm in my pocket!" and he totally did.....he had collected 3 ants at recess and put them in a box. 

Monday morning I was just sitting down to my desk when a student walked in a says, "Teacher, did you know that sloths move so slowly that they grow moss on their fur." I just took a sip of coffee and said, "Good morning Jacob, that's cool." What does this kid do on the weekend that this is the first thing on his mind on Monday?

These are just a few quotes from the awesome kids I met this week. :) Some days I love teaching ESL to kids.

1 comment: